Release; The Devil You Know



Title: The Devil You Know

Series: Ceasefire Series #1

Author: Claire Marta
Genre: Dark Paranormal Romance

Release Date: April 12, 2018
 


My name is Mavi St. Clair.
I’m a monster with a pretty face. An assassin in trade.

 Guilt, remorse, it’s never touched me. I’m as cold as they come and just as professional.
Dealing death has always come easily, and I inflict it with ease. It fuels and feeds the twisted darkness inside me.
My downfall begins with a single night of untamed passion leaving me hungering for more of him.
One wicked soul recognizing another.
Now he owns me.
The lines of what I know are blurred.
I'm playing his game.
A pawn, eternally tangled in a web of secrets and lies.
He won’t let me go.
Taking pleasure in my fall from grace.
Question is, can I save myself before I'm damned completely?
*This is a dark erotic paranormal romance and contains certain triggers some readers may not enjoy. Due to scenes of an adult nature, this book is for 18+ ONLY.*




I've been in love with  Claire Marta and her work since I read the first book in the Hunter Chronicles, FrostBite when it released. There's something about her structured writing style that I love. I know this book was darker, had a different style, and was going to push the boundaries of both the reader and the author. That's what i love about it.

Claire Marta has proven with this release that she is not afraid to go out of her comfort zone. She went from third person to first. She made new rules and added new twists in the game. She is an evil evil author and i bow to her. 

 Mavi is a  badass .I wouldn't want to   piss her off. This world  needs more kickass heroines. We need more women kicking ass and taking names. From start to finish Mavi proves why she is good at her job. There's a justified darkness in her and I am happy to watch her take down her enemies. 

The twists, the turns, the danger, the sex. It all comes together to tell a brilliant story and set up a devious world where the outcome is uncertain. I cannot wait to see what happens next. 

-Abri


A native Brit, I live in Italy with my husband and daughter. When I am not writing and drinking copious amounts of tea, I enjoys taking photos of my adoptive country, trying to stay fit with running, reading amazing books and being a stay at home mother.
HOSTED BY:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release; Feeble Connections

Release; Homegrown Hero

Release; Viper